Winton Engineering, Inc. traces its roots in building construction for over sixty-five years. The founder of the firm, J. W. Bush, practiced in Waco from 1945 while associated with several architects, providing Architectural Engineering services until 1976. In 1976 J. W. Bush Consulting Engineers was formed, providing the same professional services as in the previous thirty years. In 1994, after the retirement of J.W. Bush, the firm incorporated as Cross Winton Associates. In 2005, in order to focus solely on building design, Jim Winton obtained sole ownership of Cross Winton Associates, Inc. and in 2011 the name was changed to Winton Engineering, Inc. to reflect this new phase.